Did you know that roughly 50% of the American public resolves annually to lose weight? Ok, we just made up that statistic. But sounds true, right?
Are you looking for something new and fresh to resolve to do this year? Here are our 5 recommendations for fresh new year's resolutions:
1. Get your taxes done early. Know what's good about this one? You might get some $$$$$ back at the end of it. Why wait until April to have that happen? Plus, you have to do it anyway. Git-r-done!
2. Try a new food. We're foodies here. Ever had baba ganoush? What about Chicken Shawarma? Find something out there that's outside your comfort zone! *Not applicable if you have a new year's resolution to lose weight.*
3. Read that book you bought last year that you never read. Because you know it's good. And it's cold outside. And you can only watch so many episodes of "House Hunters" on HGTV.
4. Reconnect with someone you haven't connected with in two years. We bet that you're on their resolution list. So reach out and reconnect... who knows what will happen?
5. Go for a daily walk outside. We used to run like 5 miles a day. Key words: used to. Now, I'm out of breath from going up and down the stairs. You don't need to go back a run a marathon. Great health starts by simply putting one foot in front of the other. Who knows where it will lead you?
Bottom line is, we all want to lose weight and make more money. But aren't those daily resolutions? Focus on fun stuff that you don't resolve to do everyday. You'll be pumped when you can cross these off the list, and hopefully be empowered to start something new!