You finally found the person to spend the rest of your life with. If you are the groom, you saved up and bought a ring. Maybe you took her for a walk at sunset or went to your favorite sporting event; she said “Yes” and you can breathe again. If you are the Bride, you have a ring on your finger, can finally take out that binder that you have been saving since you were young with color schemes and dress ideas and Pinterest just became your new best friend. You’re happy, in love, and planning the wedding of your dreams. What could possibly go wrong? Everything!!
Wedding are always fun and romantic. Aside from purchasing a house and car, weddings are one of the largest investments of your life. You are relying on everyone that you hired to come together the day of your wedding and do what they promised. Wedding Insurance gives you the peace of mind that if anything doesn’t go as planned, you are covered.
WedSure® has thought of every possible scenario that could go wrong and offers you coverage on it. At the very minimum it will cover you if someone trips and falls at your ceremony or reception but will go as far as flying your whole bridal party into town to redo your pictures when the photographer takes off with your pictures and money. We live in a very litigious society and venues are starting to pick up on that. Many venues are now requiring the host of the wedding to provide liability for their venue as well as liquor liability. This can be purchased for as low at $95. Some additional coverages that can be added to any policy are:
- Special Attire- will pay to repair or replace the bridal gown, the mother of the bride's gown and all other bridal party attire, if it is lost, stolen or damaged (including financial failure of the bridal store, tailor or seamstress).
- Gifts- will pay to repair or replace gifts that are lost, stolen or damaged
- Jewelry- will pay to repair or replace jewelry you own when it is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Loss of Deposits- will pay for lost deposits that you have paid if they become nonrefundable because someone you hired to provide goods or services went out of business.
- Cancellation/Postponement- protects the nonrefundable expenses incurred when the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding or private event, reception or honeymoon, must be canceled or postponed for certain reasons beyond your control.
And for those skeptical parents…
- Change of Heart/Professional Counseling- coverage pays for professional counseling prescribed by a medical physician and resulting from a covered cancellation.
One great example of many people being affected was Hurricane Sandy. There is even a Facebook page to “Helping Brides in the Wake of Hurricane Sandy”. Let’s hope they were covered!